Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.masteryourmuse.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We use contact forms to collect names and email addresses in exchange for guides, freebies and free resources provided to the subscriber.
We use “cookies” on this site to help us improve your experience and to help us identify repeat visitors to our site. Cookies also help us to track and target specific interests of our users to help us further enhance the user’s experience. We do not collect or store any personal data in relation to the cookies used on this site.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
What Information Do We Collect and How Is This Information Used?
- We may receive and store information that you voluntarily submit through the Website for the purpose of subscribing to the Website to receive newsletters, for the purpose of leaving comments on blog posts, or administering sweepstakes, contests or promotions. Examples of information collected for this purpose are your name, email address and website URL. This information is only captured when you voluntarily enter or opt-in and enter this information for collection.
- We may receive and store certain types of usage-related information when you interact with the Website, including but not limited to, your computer’s IP address and browser information. The information we collect is used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor.
- The Website uses Google Analytics to track statistics regarding our audience and Website traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Website to Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s Analytics privacy policies, please visit this site.
- This Website engages in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
- Master Your Muse is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
Your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications.
Modification or Deletion of Personal Information
You can decline to submit personal information at any time. If you decline, we may not be able to continue to provide service to you. You may request deletion of your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, but in some cases, we may be required to keep your information by law. In such a case, it would no longer be active and would be kept separately in an archive.